In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry - Nov 2009 Issue
Celebrating Christ in a Multifaith World
The holiday season has arrived — a time to observe the family and church traditions of the Christmas season. We invite you to expand your typical holiday traditions to touch those around you that may not share the Christian faith. It is vital to let the gift of Christ's love shine through by being open to learn about the different beliefs systems of those we encounter. Be willing to sacrifice personal tradition by opening your home and heart to welcome those who do not believe as you do, yet need to experience God's love in tangible ways. Will you build walls or bridges to them? Explore the many possibilities for sharing your faith in a multifaith society through the helpful articles presented in this theme. Discover fresh ways to share your faith. Perhaps it's time to start a new family or church Christmas tradition?
Included in this issue:
- "Celebrating Christ in a Multifaith World: Inviting Discovery and Doing Good Together" by Dr. Charlie and Kathleen Self
- "Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays" by Julianne Nelson
- "Building Bridges to Your Jewish Neighbor at Hanukkah" by Dr. Lois Olena
- "Celebrating Christ with Muslims" by Myra Crane
- "Building Bridges to Your Hindu Neighbor" by Dr. Ivan Satyavrata
- Nelson's Illustrated Guide to Religions: A Comprehensive Introduction to the Religions of the World by James A. Beverly